Minggu, 10 Februari 2019

The Reason Why Teacher Should Familiar With Teaching Strategies and Methodology

author photo



May 2015, I did my internship at one of the junior high school in Indonesia. My advisor told me to assist only one class that was Science A-1 and she taught in another class.

The first and second months, everything was running well. I conducted every single meeting meaningfully. The students became more interested to explore Biology, Physics, and Science Space subjects. They more engaged in and outside the class.

The above explanation is one of my past experiences when I am living in Indonesia. So then, why I begin my reflection for week three in Instructional Design course with these statements?

The answer is that I was adopted Inquiry-based learning (IBL) strategies during teaching and learning activities. The IBL focus on the student center where student addressing of problems founded based on their experience and at the same time it allows a student to develop other skills such as critical thinking, communication, group collaboration, etc.

In addition, I found that the local community is strongly influenced me to develop the design of instruction. As we may know, Indonesia is a huge country. We have more than 17.000 islands. So that student's interest on Sumatra island is totally different from students in Java or Sulawesi Island. 

In order to create learning and teaching activities, a teacher must be able to apply some strategies such as Project-Based Learning, Blended Learning, etc. Sometimes, teaching should deliver based on game-based learning, storytelling (for linguistic class), blended learning, etc. 

According to Julie (125, 2012), there are several ways to  maintain student attention:

1. Talk to the emotional,
2. Urgency,
3. Rewards,
4. Social interaction,
5. Surprise, etc.


In order to maintain student interest, the teacher has become more familiar with learning strategies. To get more advanced, click the following links created by some students in Instructional Design class in Teaching and Learning Technology (TLT) Lehigh University.


This post have 2 komentar

avatar
Unknown delete 16 Februari 2019 pukul 10.26

Great reflections! I love your personal story about your internship. Nice work!

Reply


EmoticonEmoticon

Next article Next Post
Previous article Previous Post

Advertisement