Rabu, 05 Juni 2019

Learner-Centered Experiences

author photo



When I was in Indonesia, I involved in many social activities not limited to teaching and learning activities only. In the formal school, I taught Physics for the student in elementary school, 10-12 grades student, and for students in university/college. These experiences required me to perform differently. For instance, when I was in elementary school, the teacher-centered environment frequently happened in many of my classes. It is because most of the students came from the broken home family, economical problem family, and so on. At the school, they were unmotivated to study. My roles were not only transferred knowledge but also I acted to helped them to increase their motivation to come to the school and study. 

However, I was able to apply the learner-centered environment when I taught at the high school and university level. Inquiry-Based learning, simulation-based learning, project-based learning, and problem-based learning were the setting I applied.

I was able to increase students participation in each of the activities. They performed were truly independent. Even I was the teacher, but during the activities, I only acted as observers and guided them to the correct when they faced difficulties.


Based on those experiences, I would like to summarise my reflection by saying the ways to increase and develop student motivation is by knowing their personality including their family background.

This post have 0 komentar


EmoticonEmoticon

Next article Next Post
Previous article Previous Post

Advertisement