Minggu, 23 Juni 2019

Personal Reflection on receiving and giving Feedback.

author photo

Forbes dot com
In recent years, I was asking my friends in the WhatsApp group to give feedback for my website design. I started with "could you please help me a minute to look at my web either on your phone or laptop then please comment on it. What do you like and why? I appreciated your time and comments. Thanks".

By asking they help, I was thinking I will improve my design and make it more eye-catching, but then, the result went too far away from my expectation. Instead of receiving a supporting comment, they, mostly, said "I don't like your colors,", "I don't like your template," etc without giving any supporting narrative arguments.

From the experiences, I learned a lot of things, especially how to provide feedback that impact and meaningful the next step.

When we did the feedback process, Drew and I decided to Zoom on Friday morning. We talked in very in informal ways. In my opinion, this happened because we already know each other for a long time. So, the conversation was running slowly but very smooth. We were not only discussing the project we were working on but also covering other issues as well. 

Drew started to show his work first. He explained the Start Life Cycle Unit which well structured. I, personally, impressed with his work especially the direction of how to use WeVideo. He shows me the documents that contain screenshots of the process. I told him, "it is genius, Drew. You are trying to provide direction that has the screenshot process which helps students a lot. I am pretty sure that they will not face any difficulties in completing the task. Great job!"

Then, we moved on to my project. I showed my project to him also. Throughout the process, we were trying to find the best way to the problem that I am facing. In my case, I was not able to do a learner analysis of the new members in my office. Then, he suggested providing at least two scenarios while developing the lesson so the unpredicted situation can be handled easily. I was thinking it was an excellent point. Therefore, in my iteration step, I am planning to apply other strategies such as asking my audiences to fill out the Google Doc document, or Video introductions using Flipgrid. 

From the two above stories, it can conclude that effective feedback is the one that can modify the next action. 

University open/doc



This post have 0 komentar


EmoticonEmoticon

Next article Next Post
Previous article Previous Post

Advertisement